Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Sublime Stitching Review Part 2: Bib Kit

So I told you about the rad Sublime Stitching journal, and now it's on to the freaking adorable bib kit. The kit comes with two blank baby bibs, six reusable iron-on transfers, five skeins of embroidery floss, a needle and an instruction booklet.

The most noticeable thing about this kit is the packaging. Chronicle Books has book design and packaging down to a perfect art. The bib kit comes in a sweet box with a ribbon handle and would be perfect to hand off to a friend as a baby gift. (I mean, really, what better gift is there to give than a craft kit or craft class? Teach 'em to fish and all that, right!?)

Next up, the designs and the instruction booklet. I'm not going to give sneak peeks of all the designs, but I will say that they are some of my favorite Sublime Stitching designs I've seen. They are all pretty gender-neutral, and they are all sweet and clever (think snails, happy fruit and owls) The best part is that you can use the designs on any kind of project - not just bibs. For the most part, they aren't even exclusively baby or feeding related. The instruction book that comes in the kit is incredibly extensive for its size. It covers all the embroidery basics and five stitches that will totally have you covered for all the designs in the set.

I haven't been able to start stitching on the bibs yet (though I will be soon, I have a baby gift set I need to get working on) and I'm wondering if I'll need stabilizer. They are terry cloth bibs, so I'm not sure how much they will stretch. We'll see - I'll report back with any tips on that.

All in all, it's an adorable kit with some fab new designs. It would be a great baby shower gift, or a gift to yourself if you are expecting. Why, when we are pregnant, do we forget that we need to do something for ourselves and not just the baby? Get the kit, have fun stitching, and end up with something the kiddo can use ... doesn't get better than that.

Next up, I'll be talking about my favorite new Sublime Stitching product: The Stitchable Stationery. I'll also have a wee giveaway with it, so stick around!

3 comments :

  1. Left you an award on my KnitPurlGurl Blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I am in LOVE with those adorable owls. What a cute project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this is new. I haven't seen it yet. Thanks for letting me know about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read every single one of them. I do my best to respond when I can.

Have fun and be nice! :)
XOX
Rach