Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Sometimes all you need is a little group motivation

Sew Alongs are a great way to tackle projects that may seem daunting, to finish up something that's been sitting there, nagging at you, or just a fun way to connect with other crafters. I've never participated in one before, but I'm very tempted to hop in on Stacy's Sophia Sew Along. The Amy Butler Sophia pattern is absolutely gorgeous, and ever since I saw Sarah's take on the bag, I've been interested in making one.

I've also been incredibly intimidated, though. Piping! Shaping! Aye!

I don't know that I have it in me - especially since I haven't even finished my dress from back in February, and I'm slightly overwhelmed with all other aspects of life right now - but I can't wait to see what Stacy and the others create. Stacy just revealed her fabric choice, and I think it's going to make a killer Sophia bag. You should totally join in on the fun.

4 comments :

  1. Oh geez, that one does seem pretty tempting. I've never seen that bag, and I'm officially in love! I have a pattern for the Frenchy Bag & the Nappy Bag, but haven't done either one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it! The biggest problem for me was the piping on the bottom. It took days of struggling frustration and pain until I realized that without some superhuman strength and sophisticated equipment, the piping on the bottom just wasn't going to happen. After that, it was a pain in the butt, yet so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come on, come join us!!! Kris posted some good tips on Flickr the other day and if worse comes to worse, we can all gripe about our 'issues' on the discussion board. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow... I love that bag - I hadn't seen it before, but it looks great. Come on, Burb_Mama... you can do it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read every single one of them. I do my best to respond when I can.

Have fun and be nice! :)
XOX
Rach