Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Stitch Wrap Up and busting out of a craft rut

Who else was at the Handmade Mecca that was Stitch this weekend? Holy smokes! My brain was spinning from all the cool things, people and inspiration. I was there working for Leslie, and we had fun workin' our corner booth. For almost eight straight hours, the stream of traffic was constant, and so.much.fun. I roamed a little bit and gawked at amazing purses, the coolest ties I've ever seen (made from old school kid Star Trek bedsheets!) and got giddy when I'd stumble upon a booth from someone I've read about or heard about. It was a blast.

And even though I was surrounded by inspiration all day (and night!) on Saturday, I have still been finding myself in a craft rut. I think it's because I've just had a lot of work to do, but -DANG- I just have not been feelin' it lately. I have a whole list of stuff I want to make for gifts, another of just fun things I want to try, and then I look around and notice (again) that there's a pile of clean clothes that have been sitting on my chair for almost two weeks waiting to be put away. And the roadblock goes up. I think I need a day or two to just TCB and then the creative juices will get flowing again.

I hope.

3 comments :

  1. Hi!

    We met at Stitch and I would like to drop you an email concerning BurdaStyle!

    Can you please write to me? nora at burdastyle dot com.

    Thank you!
    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Rach, I know exactly what you mean! I was in such a craft rut last week. I had NO motivation or inspiration. But something just clicked this week. It will come back to you soon, and when it does, LOOK OUT!! It's gonna be good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel, I had a blast selling at Sitch myself (and buying at Stitch).

    Relax for a bit and then the motivation will return!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read every single one of them. I do my best to respond when I can.

Have fun and be nice! :)
XOX
Rach