Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Making Progress

The quite around here means things have been busy. And boy have they. Even though we are using a contractor, managing this huge renovation has proved to be a wee bit overwhelming. Add to that some new responsibilities at work and helping kids adjust to life in a new town, there hasn't been much time for blogging. My bad!

Fortunately, I have been taking lots of pictures, and that's the fun stuff, right? I'll have to do all the wrap up, detail kind of posting later, because quite frankly ... my brain is fried. But for now, enjoy these progress pictures. The changes are overwhelming and exciting. It's fun to see things moving along, but it's also terrifying to see a place you love so much getting torn apart. When I look back at our original pictures of the house, I think, "awww, but it's so beautiful! What have we done!?" Demo was crazy. Seeing things ripped down to studs freaked me out a bit. Now, though, the progress is getting to the exciting part. We should be (knock on wood) just a few weeks away from wrapping this huge project up.

Kitchen, side one


Kitchen, side 2





Living Room windows


(these just went in today! There will be another window on the right side of the fireplace tomorrow!)

Master bedroom/bathroom




There is much much more where this all came from. Think tip 'o the iceberg here. But hopefully it's enough to see what's been happening, and why I've been so absent lately. More pictures later!

6 comments :

  1. Wow. You're having some significant improvements made to several areas throughout the house. Congrats on, well, everything!
    --Molly

    P.S. Belated welcome to the Houston area. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your new house--it looks so "Rachel."
    XOXOX!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! Having lived through renovations (that never seem to end), I can appreciate the excitement, fear, anxiety, worry, and exhilaration you are feeling as you go through this remodeling! It's a really neat house, and your updates are fantastic! I look forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your house is amazing!
    http://bamboopinkjoknox.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let there be light! I love how things are turning out. Can't wait to come visit : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read every single one of them. I do my best to respond when I can.

Have fun and be nice! :)
XOX
Rach