Thursday, March 17, 2011

Moon Update: Judging Event on Friday!

House stuff is going really well, and we're actually getting close to being done. I'll be posting more pictures and progress very soon, but also wanted to give an update on the Moon embroidery project and the Etsy/NASA Space Craft contest.

Friday night, March 18, is the live judging event in Brooklyn, New York. I carefully framed and wrapped up my embroidered Moon and shipped it off. We got word today that the show is all set up, and the panel of judges is ready to go. It's an incredibly impressive (and intimidating) panel.

I'm in very good company. Two fellow Space Tweep artists, Catherine Baker and Jen Scheer, are also finalists (along with 117 others) and have really awesome entries. Just seeing this much space art enthusiasm makes my heart happy. I'm so inspired, and I'm already plotting my next space art project. Thanks again, so much, for all the kind words, thoughts, support and votes. I'll keep you posted on the results!

5 comments :

  1. I still can't get over how amazing your moon is!! It seriously blows my mind, I wish you lots and lots of luck in the judging!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to read your update, I wondered what was happening.

    I'll cross all my digits for you! Lots of luck!!!

    Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on the win!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHOOOOO HOOOOO!!!! You're a WINNER!!! Excited to see that!

    All the best -
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read every single one of them. I do my best to respond when I can.

Have fun and be nice! :)
XOX
Rach