Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Oh how I heart you

(have you missed me?*)


Jennifer Perkins just tipped me off to a cool project from Fred Flare. Valentine's Day can be such a sore spot for folks, right? I mean, unless you are giddy-crazy-in-new-love Valentine's Day can be kind of a drag. (or is it just me?) This project will help pump some fun back into your Valentine's Day.

From Fred Flare:

Okay, so I had this weird idea?? I was thinking about how much I wish we had some rad handmade valentines to feature online & in our new store. And then I thought, well, I know SO many supertalentented people I’ll just ask you all to make something special for us!

And then I thought, how AMAZING would it be if we could get lots of people to handmake one-of-a-kind valentines & then donate the proceeds from the sales of these valentines to a good cause? Sounds like fun, right? I do hope you’ll join me in getting crafty to benefit Elder Craftsmen, an organization based here in NYC that brings craft workshops to local senior citizens.
Well that just sounds dandy to me! Head on over to their site for all the details on how to participate. Get a move on - the deadline is January 15!


Sorry for the unintended hiatus from posting. I've been getting all kinds of healthy over the last couple of months, and have been spending more time at the gym than on the computer. Never fear, now that the kids are back in school and I've got my gym routine down pat, things will be back to normal around here soon. :)

3 comments :

  1. I thought this FF V-Day idea sounded pretty cool too. I don't know if I'll have time to participate, but I can't wait to see all the creations. ;)

    Good for you, getting all healthy and stuff! I totally need to get on the health train. le sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh what a fun idea! I hope I can work on a Valentine this weekend... Thank you for spreading the word!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FUN!!! I love this idea. We always make WAY more than we send.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read every single one of them. I do my best to respond when I can.

Have fun and be nice! :)
XOX
Rach