Sunday, January 13, 2008

Crochet or Knit for a cause

I'm just all kinds of posty today, huh?

My super rad cousin, Tracy, emailed me with information about the San Diego Wild Fire Blanket project. What's funny about Tracy and me - we've never really lived in the same city, haven't been able to spend much time together outside of random family reunions and stuff, and yet we are so much alike it hurts. It's fantastic. I wish we lived in the same city so we could be crafty, tomboy, journalism geeks together.

Until then, our Facebook messages will have to suffice.

So, via Tracy - whose newspaper was a hub of coverage for the wildfires - here's info on the San Diego Wild Fire Blanket Project:
*****************
Hey Ms. Crafter...

I've been working for a project making 8-inch crocheted squares that will be turned into larger blankets for families whose homes were destroyed in the San Diego wildfires. The squares churn out really quickly (yay, sense of accomplishment!), so they're easy to do while watching TV or waiting in line.

Here's the link to the project:
http://www.sandiegowildfireblankets.blogspot.com/

And here's a story my paper did on it (which is how I found it):
http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/12/16/news/inland/20_17_3112_15_07.txt

If you could spread the word to your crafty friends...

Muchas gracias!
Tracy
*****************
Spreading along, Tracy .....

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I read every single one of them. I do my best to respond when I can.

Have fun and be nice! :)
XOX
Rach