Friday, September 26, 2008

More fun events in Austin this weekend - will anyone be staying at home?

I don't plan on this turning into a blog just about fun events going on in Austin (I haven't been crafting for myself much lately, so there isn't much to report there - but soon!) There are just *so* many things going on here that I feel inclined to let you know about them. If you aren't one of the thousands of people going to the Austin City Limits Music Festival or the UT game this weekend, try one of theses other events instead:


Austin Area Quilt Guild Show - I just posted about this on Craftzine.com today, so you can hop on over and read about it there. Looks very cool!

Free Kids Sew Event - In honor of National Sewing Month (and who knew that apparently we owe the declaration of said month to .... Ronald Reagan!?) a few area sewing shops are hosting Free Kids Sewing events. Here are the details (thanks, Malissa!)


Free Kids Sew Event from 1:00-3:00 at the following locations:
Austin Sewing and Vacuum, 1401 S. IH35, Suite 170, Round Rock
Austin Sewing and Vacuum, 8213 Brodie Lane, Austin
The Stitching Studio, 9725B Anderson Mill Rd., Austin

Kids will learn to thread a needle, sew on a button and construct a small felt animal to take home. Pre-registration is not required. For children ages 8 and up.

1 comment :

  1. All of this going on and I'm involved with a school diversity event all afternoon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read every single one of them. I do my best to respond when I can.

Have fun and be nice! :)
XOX
Rach